Monday, July 26, 2010

Mind games ( that I play with my self)

Hazy shadows haunt
Refuse to take form
They linger and they taunt
And defy all norms

Reality shatters into
Countless tiny beads
Future comes to view
As minute sprouting seeds

Clarity incessantly evades
A game of hide and seek
Only confusion pervades
An overpowering reek

I meet me on the rainbow
Walking upside down
Its colours ooze and flow
Like the tears of a clown

I struggle to keep pace
With this untameable mind
Sweat lining my face
I always fall behind..

7 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment, seems like you have an interesting life to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading...just started..hope to keep writing if I cud just capture a fraction of the hallucinatory life i live..it'll be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have no words to describe how I felt after reading this,it´s such a pure way to look at life,I mean I love the poem,its so REAL!!!!that´s the only way I can describe it!!!!I would keep a routine check on your blog,I am craving to read more =)!I started recently too..let´s see that we keep up to it!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you seem to be doing a fine job so far. can to blog roll each other?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot. It motivates one to keep posting if someones reading. Am def following your blogs, let the thought exchanges continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meet me on the rainbow... Like the tears of a clown

    Hey, nice poem, like the metaphors. I would have liked a different ending though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Well Delhi Goon I would have like a different ending too, but cest la vie! Unfortunately the mind runs much faster than the body can follow- at least for me, so its a futile race. I just tried to exress how the mind wants to do a million things and it's constantly in flights of fantasy but real life seldom compares and is not as whimsical and flighty as the imagination. Trying too hard only burns you out. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete